Opening a Utility Account
The City of North Pole Utility Department provides service to approximately 75 percent of the City. Water and sewer utility service is available to most properties served by the Utility; however, only water service is available in the Ford Subdivision. Properties in the Ford Subdivision discharge wastewater to septic systems. For those properties where water and sewer service is not available, they obtain water from private wells and discharge wastewater to septic systems.
The Utility Department has two different utility account applications forms—one for property owners and one for renters. The forms are similar, however, for renters the applicant needs to have the landlord provide information on the application. In addition, by North Pole Municipal Code, Senior Citizens—65 years or older—may request reduced utility rates by applying at City Hall.
Utility Account Application Forms
- Property Owner Utility Account Application Form
- Renter Utility Account Application Form
- Property Owner Responsibility for Renter
- Property Owner Approval of Authorized Agent
- Authorized Agent Form
- Utility Tie-In Application
These applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com
Utility Account Deposit
Opening a utility account requires paying a deposit. Typical residential water service account requires a $75.00 deposit and sewer service account requires a $75.00 deposit. The deposit is returned when you close the account if you do not have any delinquent utility charges. You may pay this over the phone by calling 907-415-8942 or visiting City Hall.
All utility services in the City are metered. The Utility Department reads meters at the end of each month and sends bills at the beginning of the next month for the previous month’s utility usage. The Utility Department bases utility bills upon the following charges:
- Water: Per gallon charge based upon gallons of water used
- Sewer: Per gallon charge based upon gallons of water used. Because many utility customers use water during the summer months that does not enter the sewer system—gardening, washing cars, etc.—the monthly sewer charge for the months of May, June, July and August are capped at an amount that does not exceed the average of the water usage during the months September through April for Single Family and Senior Single-Family Residential Customers only.
- Base Charge, Water: A flat rate charged to all water utility customers.
- Base Charge, Sewer: A flat rate charged to all sewer utility customers.
- FRR Water (Facility Repair and Replacement): Per gallon charge used to fund capital projects.
- FRR Sewer: A per gallon charge used to fund capital projects.
- FRR Industrial Sewer: A per gallon charge used to fund capital projects; only charged to industrial customers.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category