Forms & Permits
For information about volunteering, training and/or class schedules, please contact:
Training Officer, Captain Sam Sanders, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-488-2232.
The Utility Department has two different utility account applications forms—one for property owners and one for renters. The forms are similar, however, for renters the applicant needs to have the landlord provide information on the application. In addition, by North Pole Municipal Code, Senior Citizens—65 years or older—may request reduced utility rates by applying at City Hall.
Utility Account Application Forms
- Property Owner Utility Account Application Form
- Renter Utility Account Application Form
- Property Owner Responsibility for Renter
- Property Owner Approval of Authorized Agent
- Authorized Agent Form
- Utility Tie-In Application
Opening a utility account requires paying a deposit. Typical residential water serviceaccount requires a $75.00 deposit and sewer service account requires a $75.00 deposit. The deposit is returned when you close the account if you do not have any delinquent utility charges.
All utility services in the City are metered. The Utility Department reads meters at the end of each month and sends bills at the beginning of the next month for the previous month’s utility usage. The Utility Department bases utility bills upon the following charges:
- Water: Per gallon charge based upon gallons of water used
- Sewer: Per gallon charge based upon gallons of water used. Because many utility customers use water during the summer months that does not enter the sewer system—gardening, washing cars, etc.—the monthly sewer charge for the months of May, June, July and August are capped at an amount that does not exceed the average of the water usage during the months September through April for Single Family and Senior Single-Family Residential Customers only.
- Base Charge, Water: A flat rate charged to all water utility customers
- Base Charge, Sewer: A flat rate charged to all sewer utility customers
- FRR Water: (facility repair and replacement rate): A per gallon charge used to fund capital projects
- FRR Sewer: A per gallon charge used to fund capital projects
- FRR Industrial Sewer: A per gallon charge used to fund capital projects; only charged to industrial customers
Below is a link to a Renter Utility Account Application Form. The form is a fillable PDF file. If you complete the form on line, your information will not be saved when you close the file. We recommend that you download the file and complete it off line and save the file to save the information you enter on the form. Below is also a link to the Property Owner Responsibilty for Renter Form.
Closed - no longer accepting applications
Job Reference Number:
Utility Assistant 2021
The City of North Pole, is looking for a Utility Assistant I or II to provide support to the Water and Wastewater Utility divisions. Position is an appointed position and is classified as FLSA Overtime Non-Exempt. No prior training required; High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Position is Non-Management. Hourly Wage Range: $20.27 to $35.54 with health and retirement benefits. See the complete job description and obtain application prior to interview by contacting City Hall at 125 Snowman Lane, North Pole, AK 99705 or by email at email@example.com. Position open until filled. The City of North Pole is an Equal Opportunity Employer.